Tuesday 22 April 2014

A lady boss who made my life hell..!

By Anonymous

Just out of college, I had no clue about the corporate world or the corporate culture. To my eyes, everyone were as they seem on the surface. Entering my first job, I had an eye for detail and a heart to excel in what I do. Luckily, I got a good team to work with too. Now you'll wonder what makes me a victim here. You've heard of men who abuse women and ill treat them, here I'm going to tell you about a woman who decided to make my life hell.

I joined a team led by a lady Sarah. Sarah was sweet to me and taught me everything, and saw me grow. It was those days that I met Prem and fell in love with him. Though we got very close soon, our interactions at work were professional. Somehow I could see that Sarah never liked me interacting with Prem. She used to show her displeasure by calling me to her desk as I spoke to him and by shouting at me in front of the whole team for the faults she imposed on me. Though Sarah tried her best to convince me that he's not the right one, Prem and I got married. Luckily, we were allowed to work in the same organisation.

Sarah started playing her cards subtly. She started deleting my updated work reports and other documents to show that I wasn't working efficiently. It was then that I came to know that she still had a dirty affinity towards my husband, which she wasn't ready to admit.


I was lucky that everyone at work except her supported me and I was shifted to a different team where I could work at peace. This is my story. Even a woman can turn against women for selfish reasons!

2 comments: